||The PHP Hello, World
This short article is intended for PHP programers who are
interested in trying Caucho's PHP implementation. The download and
unzipping instructions are intended for windows users. However, the
implementation will work just as well in UNIX.
- Navigate to http://www.caucho.com/download
- Download the latest Resin binary for your operating system.
- For purposes of this demo, I have downloaded the Windows .zip binary.
The non-pro version is open-source.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Double click the binary and unzip the file.
- For purposes of this demo, I have unzipped the contents to C:\resin-3.0.14
- Browse to the directory into which you unzipped the resin download (ie: C:\resin-3.0.14)
- Double-click httpd.exe. At this point the resin web server should start.
- Open your favorite browser and type in the following URL: http://localhost:8080
- You will now see Resin's Default Home Page
echo "Hello World";
- Cut and paste the "resin-web.xml" into your favorite text editor.
- Save the file into C:\resin-3.0.14\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF (NB: if you use
Notepad, then be careful to either save as "all files" or just put the
file name in double quotes. IE: "resin-web.xml").
- Cut and paste the "hello-world.php" into your text editor.
- Save the file into C:\resin-3.0.14\webapps\ROOT
- Open your favorite browser and type in the
following URL: http://localhost:8080/hello-world.php.
If all went well with the above steps, you have installed
Resin correctly. Congratulations!
You can now create your own PHP pages and store them in the same
directory as the hello-world.php file.